Our rate is $1.65 per audio minute. This remains the same for all audio types (including multiple speakers) and includes proofreading and any necessary terminology research.
We have no hidden costs, you can calculate ahead of time how much each project will be.
Please feel free to also inquire about our student rates.
We look forward to hearing from you via e-mail or phone, or send your files through our dedicated upload page, it's that easy!
Now hiring Transcriptionists!
What differentiates us from other transcription services:
1) Our flat per minute rate means that you do not pay more if the audio is difficult, muffled, has multiple speakers or speakers speaking over each other or requires extensive terminology research, it will all be the same price. It also doesn't depend on how fast the typist is and you'll know up front exactly how much each project will be.
2) You only pay for the minutes transcribed - if there are parts you don't want transcribed, they will be deducted from the minutes invoiced. For e.g., if you said, "Don't transcribe from time code 1:30 to 5:00), etc.
3) They often outsource to freelancers, sometimes in foreign countries where the transcriptionists are not native English speakers, whereas we do all the transcription ourselves. We proofread and double check every transcript before it is sent out.
4) We provide high quality, very accurate transcripts when compared to the original audio.
Some transcription services rush through and you will have a transcript that in many places does not accurately reflect the audio, with many sentences that do not make sense.
5) When there is a phrase, etc., that is absolutely inaudible, that part will be marked (inaudible-54:00), i.e. with a time code.
6) We do whatever is necessary to provide an accurate transcript, including as much time as necessary researching terms, spelling, etc. on Google to make sure it's correct.
Tips for creating clear recordings:
- Recording in a controlled environment such as an office or a room, with all windows closed and no background noise.
- If all the participants are miked, it greatly improves the quality of the recording.
- Avoid conducting interviews / recording in public places such as cafés, restaurants, coffee shops (a lot of background noise) and outdoor locations (the voices fade).
If you like, you can also provide us with:
- Names of speakers and a brief summary of the topic being discussed
- A copy of the event agenda, if applicable
- Any relevant website links
How long it takes to transcribe audio:
It takes 4-5 hours to transcribe one hour of good quality audio (clear speakers, no muffling / overlapping) and 5-6 hours or more to transcribe poor quality audio (overlapping speakers, muffled voices etc.)
Ivory DNA Tracking Project Orphanage